Optical transceivers are generally used in the actual network environment where the Ethernet cable cannot be covered and the transmission distance must be extended by optical fibers. They also play an important role in helping to connect the last kilometer of optical fibers to the metropolitan area network (MAN) and the outermost network. With optical transceivers, the system needs to be upgraded from copper wire to optical fiber, providing a cheap solution for users who lack funds, manpower or time. The function of optical transceiver is to convert the electrical signal we want to send into optical signal and send it out. At the same time, it can convert the received optical signal into electrical signal and input it to our receiving end.
Scope of application:
1. Realize the interconnection between switches.
2. Realize the interconnection between switch and computer.
3. Realize the interconnection between computers.
4. Transmission Relay: When the actual transmission distance exceeds the nominal transmission distance of the transceiver, especially when the actual transmission distance exceeds 120Km, it is an economical and effective solution to use two transceivers for back-to-back relay or optical-optical converter for relay when the field conditions permit.
5. Single-multimode conversion: When single-multimode optical fiber connection is needed between networks, a single-multimode converter can be used to connect, which solves the problem of single-multimode optical fiber conversion.
6. WDM transmission: When the long-distance optical cable resources are insufficient, in order to improve the utilization of optical cable and reduce the cost, the transceiver and WDM can be used together, so that two channels of information can be transmitted on the same optical fiber.