Optical fiber communication is the main transmission method of modern communication networks. Its development history is only a decade or two. It has gone through three generations: short-wavelength multimode fiber, long-wavelength multimode fiber, and long-wavelength single-mode fiber. The use of optical fiber communications is a major revolution in the history of communications. At present, China's optical fiber communications has entered a practical stage. In addition, many countries have announced that they will no longer build cable communication lines and are dedicated to the development of optical fiber communications.
Optical fiber communication
The so-called optical fiber communication is the use of optical fiber to carry light waves carrying information in order to achieve the purpose of communication. To make light waves a carrier for carrying information, it must be modulated, and the information at the receiving end is then detected from the light waves. As a technology, fiber optic communication has a history of 30 to 40 years, but it has completely changed the face of world communications and its future development is incalculable.
Optical fiber communication transmission principle
Principle of optical fiber communication: At the transmitting end, the transmitted information (such as voice) must first be converted into an electrical signal, and then modulated onto the laser beam emitted by the laser so that the intensity of light changes with the amplitude (frequency) of the electrical signal. It is sent out through the optical fiber; at the receiving end, the detector receives the optical signal and converts it into an electrical signal. After demodulation, the detector recovers the original information.
(1) Large communication capacity and long transmission distance;
(2) The loss of the optical fiber is extremely low;
(3) Small signal interference and good security performance;
(4) Anti-electromagnetic interference, good transmission quality;
(5) The optical fiber is small in size, light in weight and easy to lay and transport;
(6) Rich sources of materials, environmental protection, help to save non-ferrous metal copper;
(7) No radiation, hard to eavesdrop;
(8) Optical cable has strong adaptability and long service life.
(1) The texture is brittle and the mechanical strength is poor;
(2) The cutting and connection of optical fibers requires certain tools, equipment and techniques;
(3) Shunting and coupling are inflexible;
(4) The bending radius of the optical fiber cable should not be too small (>20cm);
(5) Problems with power supply difficulties.
Optical Fiber Communication Development Forecast
Nowadays, the annual sales of optical fiber communication equipment and optical cables in China all continue to rise. However, in many rural areas in many provinces and cities in China, the construction of mobile communications is still blank; in addition, with the development of broadband services, the network needs to expand capacity, future fiber-optic communications The market is vast.